Join us for a dynamic reading sponsored by Lambda Literary + Nat. Brut, hosted by Kay Ulanday Barrett during AWP 2019.
Come and enjoy a dynamic night that centers the work for/by Sick, Disabled, Chronic Pain, & Mad Queer writers! We recognize that writing on disability and ability are not mutually exclusive of other trappings of oppression and experience. Here, we want to honor and celebrate writing where Disabled and Sick people take the charge, spoon out, seek solace, amplify craft & care! This reading uplifts Black, Indigenous, & People of Color Queer perspectives so please honor & celebrate this nuance and brilliance.
- Aurielle Marie
- Rachel McKibbens
- Natalie Sharp
- Cyree Jarelle Johnson
- Heidi Andrea
- Zahra Noorbakhsh
6pm, Event starts 6:15pm
NOTE ON ACCESSIBILITY
* The space is wheelchair accessible. Ramp is available on side entrance.
* All Gender bathroom on-site.
* We strongly encourage all participants of the space/event to be scent-free. The Ori Gallery is a scent-free space.
* There will be priority seating for Deaf as well as Disabled community.
* ASL translation is TBA & will be updated.
If you all have any other specific questions about accessibility, please email Kay at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.